Saturday, April 12, 2014

click it ~ Scraps of Darkness

Hello Scrappy Friends! I'm back with another layout created using the fantastic and fun March "Radioactive" Kit from Scraps of Darkness. This layout is based on this month's sketch by the talented Suepup.

I used some older photos from a trip to Niagara Falls that I went on with three of my very best girl friends back in 2008. I used "click it" as the title because it is so important to take pictures of special times like these! I had a lot of fun using different media on the layout - I started out with some gesso that I put on the base page using an old credit card. Next, I used five different colours of watercolour pencils and messily sketched two circles on the layout and then brushed over the cirles with a wet paintbrush to soften and blend the colours. I did some stamping with an awesome large rose stamp I picked up at Michael's and the small rose stamp from the Creativity Add-on. Finally, I used a Prima circles stencil with three different colours of Distress Ink (Worn Lipstick, Spiced Marmelade, and Peacock Feathers). All the papers on the layout are from the Studio Calico "Lemon Lush" Collection. The base paper is the Wordsmith page, and I used strips of paper and circles cut out of the Passionate and Impulsive papers for the coloured layering. Finally, I embellished with some chipboard and flair from the Prima Bloom Girls collection and some sequins from my stash. Here are some close-ups!



Thanks for stopping by! Hope you're having a great weekend!

No comments: