Saturday, May 2, 2015

Butterfly Garden Collection Layout - Meg's Garden DT

Hello again Scrappy Friends! Today I am sharing a layout created with the absolutely stunning Butterfly Collection papers and embellishments from the Meg's Garden store. I started off with The Butterfly Garden by Night 12 x 12 paper for the base, added a coat of clear gesso and then did some masking with a Prima stencil and Prima Art Extravagance Graphite Texture Paste. Next, I built up layers using pieces from the 6 x 6 papers in The Butterfly Collection Mini Pack as the foundation for my son's first school photo from Junior Kindergarten this year! I fussy cut some butterflies from the mini papers and added some pieces of white floral wire to them as antennae. I added flowers, fibres, ribbon and a bead (added to a pearl stickpin from my stash) from the Meg's Bundles Temptation in Blue embellishment pack. I also fussy cut some text circles from the 12 x 12 Cut & Create Ephemera page to use as embellishments and as the centre for the dark blue flower. Finally, I finished off the layout with some Lindy's Stamp Gang Caribbean Blue Flat Fabio mist mixed with water.
Here are some close-ups!
Thanks so much for your visit to my blog today! I hope you found some inspiration from my layout!
Meg's Garden Products Used: 12 x 12 Butterfly Garden Collection Paper - The Butterfly Garden at Night12 x 12 Butterfly Garden Collection Paper - Cut & Create EphemeraThe Butterfly Collection Mini PackEmbellishments - Meg's Bundle of Goodies - Temptations in Blue

Other Products Used: Lindy's Stamp Gang Caribbean Blue Flat Fabio Mist; Prima Art Extravagence Graphite Texture Paste

1 comment: