Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Me at 39 - C'est Magnifique

Today, I'm sharing another layout created with the C'est Magnifique September Kit. This is a rare layout for me - as it actually features a selfie photo - which is not something I usually do (I hate having my picture taken). So here you are. . . a layout featuring Me . . at 39.
I loved the hints of pink in this Riddersholm Design paper and decided to play on those pinks in the design of my layout. I started off with a light coat of white gesso (stash) in the design area, which I dried and then misted with Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst Mist in Bodacious Blush (stash). I did some stamping with some Bo Bunny Stitches stamps (stash) and the Colorbox Blackberry Ink from the Main Kit and also used the Prima script stamp from the Main Kit with the Colorbox Dark Brown Ink (also Main Kit).

With the background 'done', I cut some more of the Riddersholm papers into strips/squares to form the mat for my (partially fuss-cut) photo. I added in some white thread (stash), flowers from the Main Kit and Magnifique Mixed Media (MMM) Kit and a large Prima butterfly from the Embellishment Add-on (EAO) and then tucked a few of the Epoxy Stickers from the EAO into my larger flower cluster. I finished off the embellishing with a few pink/clear rhinestones (stash) and a splatter of Coffee Dylusions (MMM). The title is a combination of the Prima wood veneer letters from the EAO and the Authentique alpa stickers from the Main Kit.

After 'finishing' the layout, I decided I wanted more pink - so I went back in with the Magenta Pan Pastel from the MMM Kit and rubbed the colour all around/under the photo and embellishments. A final splatter with some more Coffee Dylusions and the layout was truly finished! Here are some close-ups!


Thanks for stopping by my blog today! Happy Scrapping!

No comments: