Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Dans un jardin français ~ Pocket Letter (SOD/SOE Swap Aug. '15)

Hello Scrappy Friends! A quick share tonight of a pocket letter I made for a swap with Scraps of Darkness/Scraps of Elegance! I hope my swap partner, Cindy, likes this pocket letter I made for her! I've called this pocket letter Dans un jardin français (In a French Garden) because the paper I used has some beautiful french translations of Shakespeare Sonnets. I had lots of fun fussy cutting, making  pockets and little tag inserts and embellishing the front side of the pocket letter!
I decided to keep the back of the pocket letter flat since the front side was so dimensional (and I had to fit it in the pocket sleeves)! So I echoed the yellow, red, gold and sepia tones from the front and used my gelli plate and some mists to create a background for a stamped/mixed media pocket page featuring stamps by Finnabair. I added some gold glitter paint to the page to tie into the gold glitter on the front as well.
Here's a peek at the back of the tag inserts from the front page - I also used Finnabair stamps on these.
And, finally, some photos of the pocket letter in plastic page - I made a fun ribbon tassel to add to the edge of the page as a final embellishment!


Thanks for stopping by my blog today! Happy Scrapping!

No comments: