Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Memories - ScrapThat! September Sketch

A quick post tonight of a layout I created for the September Sketch at ScrapThat! I actually used the April ScrapThat! kit plus some extras from my stash for the layout. I loved the romantic sketch and thought it was perfect for a wedding photo. Here is my layout:
And here is the sketch that inspired this layout:
I followed the sketch fairly closely - just altering the position of the title and flowers. I added in a few "extras" too - like the lacing and the gorgeous Dusty Attic clock! I used Kaisercraft papers from their "Sweet Nothings" collection - lots of layering, distressing of the papers. I fussy cut the cream-coloured scalloped border from one sheet of the paper and distressed the edges, then layered it on top of a punched border strip. The pink scalloped border piece is from the Kaisercraft Charlotte's Dream collectables. The flowers are a combination of Prima and Kaisercraft. Once I finished the layout, it felt like it was lacking a little oomph - so I swiped on the gesso over the papers and flowers to "whitewash" the layout- I kinda like how that turned out. (FYI - using your fingers to swipe the gesso on the paper works a lot better than a brush!)
I just love this Dusty Attic clock - I painted it with gesso and then ran a soft-bristle toothbrush over it to clean the gesso out of the details. Then, I swiped some Perfect Pearls Pigment Powder in Green Patina onto the clock to make the numbers stand out. The lacing was inspired by my wedding dress, which had a corset-laced back.
Just one more close-up - the flower cluster and second lacing element on this page!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog today. 
Materials Used:
Patterened Papers - Kaisercraft Sweet Nothings Collection - Sincerely, Devoted, Love Letters, You & Me and Dozen Roses; Kaisercraft Collectables - Charlotte's Dream Collection (Pink Scallop Border); Bazzill Cardstock - Sand; Paper Flowers - Prima and Kaisercraft; Claudine Hellmuth Studio Gesso; Dusty Attic Vintage Clock #2; Perfect Pearls Pigment Powder - Green Patina; Basic Grey Opaline Half Pearl; DMC White Embroidery Floss; Martha Stewart Punch around the Page; Glue Dots - Mini and Craft; Memory Tape Runner XL.

2 comments:

Cathi ONeill said...

Beautiful!! Love the lacing especially!

zenevak said...

This is so sweet! I love your 'corset' detail!