Monday, October 1, 2012

Boo - The Paper Mixing Bowl October 2012 Recipe Challenge

Well, I'm a little late posting this - but here is my layout for this month's challenge at The Paper Mixing Bowl. This month's recipe is "Pumpkin Pie" with some fun, Halloween-inspired design elements! For my layout, I have scrapped a picture I captured of my son on his first Halloween. Note: I did not scare him to get him to make the expression on his face - it was just a lucky picture of a funny face! Anyhow, here is my layout and the Recipe Card for this month's challenge.
I used a combination of Echo Park "Chillingsworth Manor" and My Mind's Eye "The Spider's Web" papers for the layout. For the "utensils" (i.e. design elements), I fussy-cut the pumpkins from a sheet of the MME paper, used some spider's web and plastic spider Halloween decorations and cut/distressed some cat scratches into the layout. Here is a close-up of the photo/embellishment cluster from the top left of the layout.
For my journalling, I (obviously) used Halloween as the inspiration and simply wrote on a ticket cut from one of the "Chillingsworth Manor" papers. 
That's it for tonight's post - I hope you'll pop over to The Paper Mixing Bowl Blog and play along with this month's challenge!

5 comments:

Lee aka Violent Kittie said...

Cute LO! Your spiders are a great touch & I love the look on your little guy's face!

Keren Tamir said...

This is amazing Sarah!!

Heather Jacob said...

love love love this Sarah ... love that orange, it really pops xoxo

Sharon said...

Oh that is a precious photo! Love the addition of the fibers and the cat scratches! Another neat recipe.

Unknown said...

How adorable! What a sweet and funny photo and a fabulous page!