Thursday, November 15, 2012

Autumn Leaves - ScrapThat! November Kit Layout

I'm back with the details and close-ups of my second layout using the ScrapThat! November Kit "Remember When . . ." This month, ScrapThat! teamed up with Sketchabilities and played along with the October 30th Challenge. I went with an Autumn theme for this layout and scrapped some adorable pictures of my son playing in the leaves in our yard in early October. Here is the layout I created and the sketch that inspired it:
When I first saw this sketch, I honestly was at a loss as to what to do with it - for those of you who follow my work, you'll know that it isn't often I do a multi-photo, symmetrical layout. But this is one of the reasons it is fun to play along with sketches/challenges - they make you step outside your "comfort zone". And I am so happy with how this layout turned out. Lots of inking and distressing (including water distressing) on this layout - I wanted the paper edges to look like crinkled leaves.
Instead of just the three squares for the photos, I created tags using some of the cardstock that came with the kit and added ribbon (also in the kit) and twine bows (twine from my stash) to the tops of the tags. I also added a doily, which I cut in half and misted/inked (doily and mist from my stash, ink from the kit).
For the floral elements, I used the embellishment add-on and flower add-on from the kit - which included the gorgeous Prima beaded leaves and paper flowers, respectively. The large flower cluster (bottom right) includes a little window from the chipboard doors that came with the main kit - I simply inked it a few times to get the nice, dark finish that goes so well with the flowers.
I added the gorgeous pearl stick pin (main kit) to the flower cluster at the top of the tag on the right.
There are actually a few peek-a-boos on this layout - but this close-up really shows one of them well. You can also see one of the brown spirals that I created using the stems that I cut off the beaded leaves - I simply wrapped the wire stem around a narrow paintbrush handle to create these neat little accents.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today - I appreciate your visits and comments so much!


3 comments:

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Beautiful LO, Sarah!! Love all of your wonderful details!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Sandra said...

This is gorgeous Sarah, I love the colours with those lovely photos of a child having fun in the leaves.

Catherine SIWCZAK said...

lovely layout !