Sunday, April 6, 2014

Wish Upon A Star ~ The Color Room - HeART & Soul and Scraps of Darkness

I am so excited to be designing for The Color Room - and this month is my first reveal as part of the Design Team for the newly revamped site. The Color Room has gone through some changes, with a change of name, reflecting the direction it is heading, an amazing new team, and loads of inspiration. In addition, The Color Room - HeART & Soul will be offering classes (for a small fee), all created by its very talented Creative Education Team, which will be launched very soon, so keep your eyes out for that.

TCR has merged with Scrap for Help (which was the brainchild of Cynthia Llorens) and we will incorporate a household item to use with the Palette, making the challenge even more fun, creative and 'green', using some of the throw away items in our crafting.

Welcome to the April 2014 release color palette release! You have an entire month to load your creations to the InLinkz tool in the sidebar of the TCR - HeART & Soul blog, to be in the running for the Monthly RAK. Just load BEFORE the 1st of each month!

The household item this month is clothing tags. These are so much fun to alter. You already have the base. just add paper, paint and embellishments and you have ready made accents for tour projects and they are great for cards! The colours this month are so fresh in our inspiration picture - there is a pale grey, a bright yellow, a beige colour and a dark charcoal/black. See what you can do with these colours this month!

Here is my layout inspired by this month's palette!
I used the Scraps of Darkness March "Radioactive" Kit for this project. The black cardstock is from my stash and the amazing yellow stars were created using using a Crafter's Workshop template with the Shimmerz Dazzlerz in Lemon Drop that was included in the SOD Colour Add-On. Also from the SOD Kit, I used two of the mini-washi tapes from the Embellishment Add-on (the yellow stars and black/white dot), the wooden shapes (as the neutral/tan colour) and the black/gold calendar circle. I thought the white foam letters from the SOD Embellishment looked a lot like Walt Disney style font - so I've used a Walt Disney quote as my title and a picture of my little boy asleep, snuggling his Disney "Thumper" toy. As the light grey element, I added some 'platinum' pearls from my stash. Here are some close-ups!




Thanks so much for visiting my blog today! Happy Scrapping!


1 comment:

Denise said...

Beautiful layout! I love the letters you used to complete the page!