Sunday, July 6, 2014

Remember ~ Scraps of Darkness

This is my first layout with the gorgeous Scraps of Darkness Perfectly Stunning Kit for June 2014. This will also be my last kit designing for Scraps of Darkness - I have had an amazing year with SOD and can't say enough about how wonderful Melinda (the owner) and the SOD/SOE Design Teams are - they have made my DT experience truly fantastic!

Now, to share my first layout - based on Suepup's Sketch for the June Kit. Here is my layout, using the kit's fantastic Marion Smith Designs Nirvana papers, Prima flowers and embellishments (Main Kit, Flower Add-on and stash) and the Art Anthology media included in the Colour Add-on.
And here is the June Sketch:
Rather than using paper for the large circle element in the background, I started out by masking a large clock face using a The Crafter's Workshop 12 x 12 Time Travel  template with the Art Anthology Velvet Dimensional Paint in Kona. I used the Tim Holtz Clockwork layering stencil (previous SOD kit) with the same paint on the right side of the layout. Once that had dried, I used the Prima Stain 12 x 12 Mask and misted the background page with the Art Anthology Mocha Colorations Spray. Then I started layering my torn and distressed papers along the bottom, adding in some drywall tape and pieces of Tim Holtz Tissue Tape (Sketchbook pack). Once that was in done, I did some more masking in a few places using The Crafter's Workshop 12 x 12 Well Rounded template with the Art Anthology Stone Effects Dimensional Medium  in Sandstone and then some stamping with black ink and a mesh stamp. The last bit of layering was the distressed matting for the photo and the fussy-cut clocks. As a final touch I did some splattering using Liquitex Ink in Carbon Black. To complete the layout, I added the photo, the Prima Flowers and Embellishments and included a chipboard heart from my stash that I painted with the Kona paint. Here are some close-ups!



Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today - I appreciate your visits and comments so much.

Happy Scrapping!

No comments: