Saturday, February 28, 2015

Help Me. . . ~ Mixed Media Art Journal Page

I'm back with another page in my music-inspired Art Journal and I've used the song Chandelier by Sia once again. This page was created using the colours in February's Lindy's Stamp Gang Colour Challenge. And, I think I may have a new favourite Lindy's colour - Caribbean Blue!
I started the page with a light coat of white gesso and then a basecoat of Caribbean Blue Flat Shot (mixed with water and Golden Acrylic Glazing Liquid). I splattered the base colour with water to get the water-spotted look. Next, I used a Prima stencil and some Liquitex Glass Bead Texture Gel to do some masking on the pages. Once the masked areas had dried, I added the Bougainvillea Fuchsia spray to the outside edges of the pages – I love how the colours combined and gave an iridescent look to the masked areas! Finally, I did some random stamping with black and white inks and added the stamped quote to the page. Here are a couple of close-ups!

Here is Lindy's Stamp Gang February Colour Challenge Palette I used for this journal page: Lindy's Stamp Gang Products Used: Caribbean Blue Flat Shot and Bougainvillea Fuchsia Starburst Spray.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog for a peek at my Art Journal page!

Other Products Used: Golden Acrylic Glazing Liquid – Gloss; Liquitex Glass Bead Texture Gel; Prima Marketing 12x12 Mask; Prima Marketing Clear Stamp; Strathmore Watercolor Paper; Black Archival Ink; White Archival Ink

3 comments:

Kimberly Kett said...

This is cool! I love the texture!

Maremi's Small Art said...

Sarah, this is fabulous, looooove, adore your journal, all this yummy texture ! Such a stunning work. Many thanks for sharing your talent with us. Thank you so much for taking part in our challenge as Lindy's Stamp Gang,good luck :) love Marta xx

Tina Connolly said...

This looks super-cool, I'd love to see this in real life to see all the sparkle and textures you created. Thanks for joining the Lindy's challenge.