Friday, October 7, 2016

Enchanted Forest Fairy Tale Triptych ~ Creative Embellishments

Today I'm sharing a project I created using the awesome Creative Embellishments chipboard Triptych and Graphic 45's Enchanted Forest collection. This Triptych represents traditional fairy tales, with the front cover as "Once Upon a Time" and the back as "Happily Ever After". I added ribbon hinges and a matching ribbon wrap-around tie to the triptych and then covered the individual pieces of chipboard with papers from the 6x6 paper pad. The fussy-cuts are from the 8x8 and the 12x12 paper pads. All the paper edges are inked with Distress Ink in Black Soot. I've added clear rhinestone bling to embellish the imagery throughout the Triptych.

I added the Creative Embellishments chipboard Victorian Carriage to the back cover. The carriage and horse are painted with acrylic paints and decorated with fussy-cuts and borders from the patterned papers. I also added an image of a princess from the patterned paper to the carriage window.
The inside shows traditional Fairy Tale motifs, such as Sleeping Beauty, a Knight in Shining Armour and an Enchanted Princess. I cut the castle from the 6x6 paper using my Silhouette and created the scenes using different images fussy-cut from the patterned paper. I added lots of dimension to the scenes using different sizes of 3D foam adhesive. The decorative chipboard border around the edges of the Triptych was painted with white crackle paint and then rubbed with Inka Gold rub in Gold and edges with Distress Ink in Black Soot.
Here are some close-ups so you can see all the details!




Thanks for stopping by my blog today! Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

Radine Riedesel said...

This is just beautiful. I love all the graphic 45 papers. You did a truly wonderful job on this project. Thanks for sharing.