Distressed Text Stamp along with some Brilliance Moonlight White Ink to do some random stamping on the background of the base tag.
I used a Tim Holtz/Sizzix Die to cut the smaller tags from some Core'dinations Graphic 45 Timeless collection paper - I lightly sanded the smaller tags to reveal the embossed design and inked them with Distress Ink in Black Soot and rubbed some of the Champagne Inka Gold Rub on them. To play up the numbers element even more - the small tags are embellished with Tim Holtz Reinforcers in calendar and number collage patterns! The quotes are cut from the Graphic 45 Kraft Reflections collection paper - the two quotes are also inked with Distress Ink in Black Soot and rubbed with Inka Gold Metallic Rub in Champagne.
I save all my 'remnants' of chipboard from my projects - so for this challenge, I've used bits and pieces of chipboard leftover from previous projects! I used part of a Mini Brick Panel, part of a Large Clock Face, and a couple of Gears and a Clock Hand. All the chipboard pieces were altered using Finnabair's Rust Paste collection by Prima, along with a splatter of Lindy's Stamp Gang Time Travel Teal Starburst mist, a splattering of watered-down white gesso and some of the Champagne Inka Gold Rub.
I added a Prima Finnabair Metal Brad to the hole of the first tag and a Tim Holtz Hitch Fastener to the hole of the second tag. I also added a couple of metal embellishments from my stash that I stained with the Lindy's Stamp Gang Time Travel Teal mist.
Once the tags were completely assembled, I splattered everything with the Lindy's Stamp Gang Time Travel Teal mist and with some watered-down Liquitex Ink in Carbon Black. Here are some close-ups!
I hope these tags have inspired you to play along with this month's Creative Embellishments Challenge!
- Create a NEW project (i.e., layout, mini album, tag, card, canvas, etc…) as of Jan 1st 2017.
- Please no back linking (meaning projects from previous months that may fit the challenge requirements). Please link only NEW projects.
- Combining the CE Challenge with other challenges is permitted.
- Please add your entry to the InLinkz box on the Challenge Post on the Creative Embellishments Blog to be eligible for the prize. You have until the last day of each month 11:55 pm eastern time to enter.
- It is required that you mention in your blog post that you are playing along at Creative Embellishments together with a link back to our blog. Please make sure to reference our challenge.
- We would love to see you USE AT LEAST 1 OF CE products on your projects but it isn’t required to play along; however, everyone who does use CE product will get and extra chance at winning.
- WINNERS will have 2 weeks to claim their prize. The winner will be announced on the CE blog post the day after the challenge ends.
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!
Happy New Year!