Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Voyage Beneath the Sea Mermaid Valentine Tag ~ Creative Embellishments February Challenge

I was inspired by this month's Creative Embellishments challenge photo to create a colourful Voyage Beneath the Sea Mermaid Valentine Tag. The twist on this month's challenge was to use paint - so I had some fun with Watercolours!

I stamped the mermaid and painted her with Watercolours and added some Graphic 45 Voyage Beneath the Sea paper to her tail. I created the scene using some Prima White Sand Texture Medium, Bronze Glitter and Prima Art Stones (regular and mini). I used Creative Embellishments Seashells and Seaweed 2, which I embossed with Lindy's Stamp Gang Embossing Powders. Then I lightly dry-brushed the seashells with white gesso to give them a weathered/under-the-sea look. I added two Creative Embellishments Tropical Fish to the scene as well. I covered the fish with paper from the Graphic 45 6x6 paper pad. Inked/Distressed them with Distress Ink and white gesso and then painted on the eyes. I painted them with some Prima 3D Gloss Gel Medium for some shine and added a dot of Glossy Accents for the fish eyes! 

Here are some different angles/close-ups so you can see all the details and dimension!



Hope you like my interpretation of this month's challenge - I can't wait to see what you create! Remember to follow the Rules for the Challenge so that you're eligible to win!

Challenge Rules:
  • Create a NEW project (i.e., layout, mini album, tag, card, canvas, etc…) as of February 1st 2017.
    • Please no back linking (meaning projects from previous months that may fit the challenge requirements). Please link only NEW projects.
  • Combining the CE Challenge with other challenges is permitted.
  • Please add your entry to the InLinkz box on the Challenge Post on the Creative Embellishments Blog to be eligible for the prize. You have until the last day of each month 11:55 pm eastern time to enter.
  • It is required that you mention in your blog post that you are playing along at Creative Embellishments together with a link back to our blog. Please make sure to reference our challenge. 
  • We would love to see you USE AT LEAST 1 OF CE products on your projects but it isn’t required to play along; however, everyone who does use CE product will get and extra chance at winning.
  • WINNERS will have 2 weeks to claim their prize. The winner will be announced on the CE blog post the day after the challenge ends.
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! 

No comments: