Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Earthy ATCs ~ Creative Embellishments

Today I'm sharing a set of four "Earthy" ATCs created for the Creative Embellishments Design Team. I love making ATCs to try out new products/techniques and use up bits and pieces from my stash. I started out with some heavy black cardstock and used mod podge to cover it with scrunched up Tim Holtz Melange Tissue Wrap. Once that had dried, I used four colours of Distress Oxide Inks in Earth-tones to colour the ATC backgrounds (i.e. Walnut Stain, Vintage Photo, Iced Spruce and Peeled Paint). Next I added some Tim Holtz Remnant Rubs to each of the ATCs and then wrapped them with black thread attached with tiny staples. Next - time for the CE chipboard/wood veneer elements!
On the first ATC, "FOUND", I used a Nautical Compass Chipboard piece that I trimmed the right side off of - don't be afraid to cut up your chipboard pieces! I embossed the compass with Ranger Black Embossing Powder and then rubbed some of the Iced Spruce Distress Oxide into the star section of the compass.
On the second ATC, "FRAGILE", I used one of the wood veneer Hearts - I actually used the reverse side of the broken/band-aid heart and embossed it with Distress Embossing Powder in Tattered Rose. I inked the edges of the two heart pieces with the Vintage Photo Distress Oxide Ink.
On the third ATC, "discover", I used one of the chipboard Globes, which I trimmed the left side off of and then embossed it with Distress Embossing Powder in Old Paper and then rubbed the continents of the globe with the Peeled Paint Distress Oxide Ink.
On the fourth ATC, "be still", I had used a rub-on of a bird and wanted a bird-cage over it - but I didn't have any in my stash! So I used one of the chipboard Open Arched Windows and added a piece leftover from the Moroccan Lattice Panel to the back of it - you can layer your chipboard elements and remnants to create new designs! Next, I embossed the 'bird-cage' with Stampendous Shabby White Embossing Enamel and rubbed sections of it with the Walnut Stain Distress Oxide Ink.
I finished off the ATCs by adding some Prima/Finnabair Art Ingredients, including Frosted Mica Flakes, Granite Mica Flakes and Sterling Glass Glitter.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today - I hope you enjoyed seeing my ATCs!

1 comment:

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Sarah, I came across you by accident. Loving your ATC but then anything Steampunk or grungy is good to me. I'm off now for abetter look round. Happy creating, Angela xXx