Sunday, October 15, 2017

Halloween in Wonderland Configuration Book ~ Creative Embellishments

Hi there crafty friend! Today I'm sharing a super fun new project with you! This is my Halloween in Wonderland Configuration Book - combining two of my absolute favourite things - Halloween and Alice in Wonderland!

I started out with a Tim Holtz Configuration Book, which I covered with the blue-toned papers from the G45 collection. Then, I started layering elements from the papers, along with some awesome Creative Embellishments chipboard pieces, to create my cover design. I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut a keyhole shape from the black & white check paper and layered that over main image from the collection's signature page. Next, I cut the characters from a second sheet of the signature page so I could pop them up to create a 3D effect. I added the CE "We're All Mad Here" title and the Mad Hatter Top Hat (from the We're All Mad... chipboard set), which I painted with Prima Sparks acrylic paints. I also added in some CE Pumpkins and Pumpkin Vine Flourishes - painted with Prima Sparks and Prima Metallique Acrylic Paints. Finally, I finished off the cover with a Graphic 45 Shabby Chic Door Plate and Knob and a Graphic 45 Shabby Chic Key.

For the inside of the Configuration Book, I tried to include images of all the main characters from the Wonderland Books. On the left side, I I had to include the Mad Tea Party image, layered on some of the checked paper - I added some stickers from the collection to three of the corners, and one of the cups from the CE Tea Cup Set, which I painted with Prima Sparks and Prima Metallique Acrylic Paints.

For the right side, I used the following CE chipboard elements:
  • Mini Web - painted white and then coated with Frosted Lace Stickles
  • Simple Key Hole Plate - painted with Prima Metallique Acrylic Paints, with Prima Brads and a peek-a-boo image of Alice from the G45 papers
  • One of the open Books, painted with Prima Metallique Acrylic Paints and stamped using the CE Distressed Text Stamp
  • An Arched Window (with the Arch cut off) - painted with Prima Metallique Acrylic Paint
  • A few Potion Bottles, painted with Prima Sparks Acrylic Paints and decorated with some circle images punched from the G45 papers
  • Another Pumpkin (same as on the cover)
  • One of the Mini Mushrooms, painted with Prima Metallique Acrylic Paint
  • Creepy Gates - painted with Prima Metallique Acrylic Paint - and hinged so the gates open to show the little scene in behind

Here are some close-ups so you can see all the details:









No comments: