Monday, October 22, 2018

"Bird of Paradise" - Mixed Media Altered Mask ~ Creative Embellishments

Hi There crafty friends! Today I'm sharing a new mixed media project with you - what I'm calling my "Bird of Paradise" Altered Mask. I started out with a (very) cheap mask from the dollar store. Then, I started layering lots of Creative Embellishments chipboard elements on the mask, including:
Once I was happy with the design, I primed everything with Prima Art Basics Black Gesso and then dry-brushed Prima Art Basics White Gesso to bring out the details. I added colour using Prima Art Alchemy Paints - Sparks in Mermaid Sparkle, Magical Pond, Fairy Wings, and Unicorn's Hair; and Metallique in White Pearl and Silver Spoon. I finished off the colour with Prima Art Alchemy Waxes - Antique Brilliance in Lucky Emerald and Mystic Turquoise; Opal Magic in Turquoise Satin; and Metallique in Old Silver. Finally, I added a few silver-toned half-pearls around the eyes for a bit of bling.





No comments: