Friday, May 13, 2011

"Me"

It is not often I find a photo of myself that I really love and definitely not often that I would scrap a photo of just myself - but I just love this photo that was taken by our wedding photographer when my husband and I were on our honeymoon! So, I decided to use the photo to play along with a couple of challenges:  I've based the design of this layout on The Dusty Attic May Sketch and am using The Color Room's Palette #57.
I just love the Laura Ashley velvet paper (base page) - it is so elegant and has such beautiful texture. On top of the velvet paper I've used some My Mind's Eye (MME) paper from the "Lost and Found" collection.  I stamped a row of flourishes along the left side of the MME paper; I also randomly stamped some smaller flourishes around the page. I added Distress Stickles in "Walnut Stain" to the stamped images to add some sparkle and texture. I edge distressed the MME paper and added some "Vintage Photo" Distress Ink and then scrunched the bottom left corner so that I could really bring attention to the Dusty Attic Chipboard Corner.
The red and cream circle is also a MME paper and was also distressed and inked. The paper on top of the circle was created by using simple kraft cardstock, a Prima mask and Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in "Candy Apple Red". After the misted image dried, I fussy-cut around the mask's pattern and inked the edges of the cut-out shape. The velvet border behind the circle was made with a Fiskar's punch and some crushed velvet cardstock.

Most of the detail for this layout is in the papers - so I made some simple lollipop flowers out of coordinating papers as embellishments. The flower centres are simply some old brads from my stash that I painted with Smooch Pearlized Accent Ink in "Snickerdoodle".
I painted the Dusty Attic Ornate Corner with Distress Crackle Paint in "Tarnished Brass" and then added some Smooch in "Snickerdoodle" to portions of the corner. The title was cut out of plain white cardstock (using my Silhouette) and then also painted with the "Tarnished Brass" Crackle Paint.

TFL,
Sarah

Materials Used:
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye Lost and Found Collection - "Union Square Home Sweet Home Collage Paper" and "Union Square Favorite Union Station Paper"; Laura Ashley Velvet Paper; Doodlebug Designs Crushed Velvet Cardstock; Recollections Cardstock in Kraft and White; Bo Bunny Timepiece Collection "Moments"; Prima 8x8 Mask; Dusty Attic Ornate Corner #5; Fiskar's "Lace" Edge Punch; Tim Holtz Distress Ink in "Vintage Photo"; Distress Crackle Paint in "Tarnished Brass"; Distress Stickles in "Walnut Stain"; Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in "Candy Apple Red"; Smooch Pearlized Accent Ink in "Snickerdoodle"; Kimberly Poloson Clear Stamps - Flourishes; Memento "Rich Cocoa" Stamp Pad; Xyron 1.5 in. create-a-sticker; Terrifically Tacky Tape; Dot Glue Runner (AdTech); misc. brads.

5 comments:

Kelly Codd Greatrex said...

Vintage fabulousness!

Vicky Alberto said...

so gorgeous!

Laura said...

So pretty!I love it.
~laura

Maggi said...

Ohhh I saw this LO at Dusty Attic and love it!! Beautiful photo and so beautifully scrapped!!

Thanks for showing my blog candy on your blog! I really appreciate it!

Heather Jacob said...

S.T.U.N.N.I.N.G. !!!!!! so exquisite and elegant ..... and a beautiful pic .. a wonderful page to be treasured ... hugz x

thsnks for your congrats re TCR and good luck in the draw ... xo