Wednesday, May 18, 2011

"Meow"

This is my LO to play along with the Scrap That! May "Misting" challenge. I based my LO on the May 1 sketch from Stuck?! Sketches. This layout is a total departure from my normal style (way more white space than I'm used to) but a good exercise to get me out of my comfort zone. The photo is of my cat when he was about 15 weeks old.
I started this layout by misting the two corners of the white background page with Smooch Spritz in Log Cabin. The paper strips were simply some leftover scraps I had saved. The layout looked a little flat - so I used my paper crimper on the strips to add some texture and dimension. The pattern paper is from Basic Grey's "Max and Whiskers" collection; I love the cats on this paper and made sure to cut the smaller circle with the orange cat as the central image. I cut the "meow" title using my silhouette - I cut it twice and layered the two titles to make it stand out a bit better. The small letters in the journaling (if you can call it that) are by Jillibean Soup - I love these mini alphas they have out right now.

I have a stash of pet themed papers and embellishments - so I raided it for this layout. In addition to the paper, I've used some heartsy/pawsy ribbon, cat brads, a "best friend" brad that is actually from a Dog brads collection, and a large image brad from Karen Foster Designs' "Cat" collection.

That's it - a short list of materials and techniques. I still think its a darn cute layout though...

TFL,
Sarah

Materials Used:
Patterned Paper: Basic Grey - "Max and Whiskers" collection - Lightening, Coloured Cardstock - misc. from stash, Smooch Spritz in Log Cabin,  Jillibean Soup Kraft Mini Brown Alphas, Around the Block Paper Treats - "Best Friend" Brad, Eyelet Outlet Cat Back Brads, Michael's Special Value Ribbon, Westcott Paper Crimper, Quickutz Silhouette, Memory Tape Runner XL.

No comments: