Saturday, July 2, 2011

3D Flower and Just Keep Swimming Card - Guest Design Team Projects for "Two Scrapbook Friends"

I completed these projects using "leftovers" from my Guest Designer Kit from Two Scrapbook Friends. (Though I do still have one more layout to share...)

First is a 3D Flower that I created using a tutorial by Dana Parlevliet I found on the Graphic 45 Blog:
http://g45papers.typepad.com/graphic45/2011/06/dana-feature.html.
I used one sheet of Cosmo Cricket paper - Salt Air Collection Deck Chairs - cut into four 4x4 squares plus one 4x4 square of dark yellow cardtock for the flower petals and added a large red button from my stash as the flower centre. I wanted to turn the flower into a pinwheel; however, due to time constraints (and lack of mechanical inspiration) I attached it to a metal stake (i.e. a straightened wire coat hanger). I'm still pretty pleased with how it turned out. I think I'll put it in the pot with one of my houseplants.



Second is a really simple card I made using some bits and pieces leftover from the Cosmo Cricket Salt Air Borders (Yellow Bubble paper) and Cardstock Stickers (Floral Strips and Fish), as well as some pieces of Core'dinations Cardstock leftover from my Beach Boy layout. The sentiment is actually cut out of the title strip (i.e. waste strip) from a sheet of the Cosmo Cricket Salt Air Paper. I added Glossy Accents to the Bubbles and added Stickles in Waterfall to the flower centres on the floral strips; I also used the stickles to add some bubbles for the fish.



One more layout to share tomorrow for my Guest Design Team projects!

TFL,
Sarah

Materials Used:
3D Flower
Patterned Paper - Cosmo Cricket Salt Air Collection Deck Chairs; Recollections Cardstock - Dark Yellow; Red Button from Stash; AdTech Hot Glue Gun and Hot Glue Sticks; Wire Hanger
Just Keep Swimming Card
Cosmo Cricket Salt Air Collection Borders, Cardstock Stickers and waste strip from Coral Bloom paper; Core'dinations Cardstock (light and dark orange); Stickles in Waterfall; Ranger Ink Glossy Accents; Michael's value Pack Blank Card (Ivory).

1 comment:

Kelly Codd Greatrex said...

Very cute! The flower is awesome and the card screams summer!