Monday, July 25, 2011

His eyes - how they twinkled; His dimples how merry!

I decided to play along with the July 15 Challenge at Once Upon a Sketch and created this layout using a photo I took of my little guy in December of last year. I absolutely adore this photo - so much so that I used it for our 2010 Christmas cards!I used the Graphic 45 Christmas Past papers for the layout. There aren't a lot of techniques in this layout - just lots of edge distressing, inking and layering. I added some creases to the background paper and inked them to add some extra dimension in the "white space".
I fussy cut the black and cream strips of paper and the rose squares from one sheet of the G45 paper and used several tags in my layering. I used adhesive foam to add dimension to the layers and make the pictures really "pop" on the layout.
The journalling challenge at OUAS was to use a quote - and how appropriate is this quote from 'Twas the Night Before Christmas? I love that the quote suits the Christmas theme of the layout and, at the same time, is so descriptive of the photo too!

TFL!
Sarah

Materials Used:
Patterned Paper - Graphic 45 Christmas Past Collection - We Wish you a Merry Christmas, The Holly and the Ivy, Holiday Spirit, Jolly Old St. Nicholas, Glad Tidings, Tags; Recollections Cream Cardstock; Glam Art Rhinestone Swirls; Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Vintage Photo; Keepsake Memories Foam Adhesive Squares; Memory Tape Runner XL.

6 comments:

phamil said...

Beautiful page! Love all your layering! Great job with the sketch and thanks so much for playing along at OUAS!

FiKenward said...

What a fantastic and unique take on the sketch. lovely!!!

Heather Jacob said...

stunning work Sarah.. love the clever use of the design and love those pics ... beautiful .. hugz x
thanks for playing with us x

sandi said...

This is so nice! Love those sweet pics and those swirls are the perfect touch! Thank you for playing with us at OUAS!

Camilla Ekman said...

Awww, he's so cute! And the layout is so well designed. Beautiful creation!

Sue Lui said...

What an interesting design. Love the distressed look!