Sunday, August 11, 2013

Gypsy ATC Wall Hanging ~~Scraps of Darkness~~

Today, I'm sharing another project created with the outstanding Scraps of Darkness July Kit Gypsy Summer. I decided to venture into the world of Artist Trading Cards (ATCs) using the awesome Digital Collage images included in the July kit! I have never made an ATC before and am still trying to 'figure them out' - but I had a great time making these and love how the full project looks as a wall hanging!
I mod-podged the images onto heavy cardtock, cut them out and then inked the edges with Distress Ink in Black Soot. I made my own black texture paste using Gabrielle Polacco's baking soda recipe; however, I substituted black acrylic craft paint for the white paint and added some Ranger Perfect Pearls pigment (Charcoal colour) too. I used the Crafter's Workshop Mini Grandma's Lace Doily Stencil with the texture paste to frame the faces of the images. Once the stenciled areas had dried, I dry-brushed the tops with Luminarte Silks Acrylic Glaze in Emperor's Gold.  I used the kit's pom-pom ribbon (coloured black with Dylusions in Black Marble) and the beaded trim and some gold lace from my stash along the bottom edges of the cards. Here is a close-up of each of the ATCs.
Hope you liked my first foray into ATCs - definitely want to try out some more of these!

2 comments:

Lee aka Violent Kittie said...

These turned out awesomely! I love the grouping together

Keren Tamir said...

fabulous!