Friday, August 9, 2013

My Boy ~~Scrap For Help~~

This month's challenge at Scrap for Help is to use a tea bag in your project! How much fun is this challenge?! The ladies on the design team have come up with some fantastic ways to use tea bags in creating their projects - so be sure to stop by the Scrap for Help blog and check out all the Design Team projects -- and play along too!
For my project, I created a layout and used tea bags to brew very strong tea, which I splashed on my page and used to make tea rings on the page. This layout was inspired by a class a took with Finnabair in July, so there is also lots of misting!
I started out using an older collection of Iron Orchid Designs papers by Creative Imaginations - love the barbed wire and newsprint pattern of this. I distressed and inked the edges of all the papers with Distress Ink in Vintage Photo. The embellishments are all by Prima, including resist canvas shapes, cotton tape, Craftsman wooden embellishments, Craftsman wooden buttons, a Sunrise Sunset zipper flower, Sunrise Sunset 'Say it in Crystals', metal stickpin, and some Prima packaging. I used the wet tea bag directly on the resist-canvas elements and the larger rings on the paper were created with the tea as well. The mists were created with Luminate Primary Elements Pigments and the paint splatters and paint rings were created with Luminarte Silks Acrylic Glaze. Here are a couple of close-ups!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you'll play along with us at Scrap For Help this month!

2 comments:

Keren Tamir said...

fantastic LO!! and love the look of your blog!!

Sandie said...

Simply gorgeous!