Thursday, October 24, 2013

1st Halloween ~ Scraps of Darkness October "Gothic" Kit

It is that time of the year -- time for the Scraps Of Darkness Halloween Kit Reveal! This October's Kit ~ Gothic ~ is utterly spooktacular! 
And here is this month's Spellbinding Sketch - created exclusively for SOD by the talented Sue Pup:
And here is my take on the sketch:
I started off this layout by using a Prima 12 x 12 mask and some Heavy Gel Medium mixed with the Distress Stickles included in the kit - it was an experiment, but I LOVE how it turned out! Then I did some misting with Lindy's Stamp Gang Glitz Spriz in Royal Amber Fire for a bit more shimmer and some drippy effects. Here is a close-up of the masking/misting.
I fussy cut the 31 from the My Mind's Eye (MME) Happy Haunting Cards paper. I also cut the Chevron paper along the zig-zags for the horizontal border. The Halloween Rhinestone title and glitter letters are from my stash.
I decided to play up the Harlequin pattern from my masking and used two diamonds instead of rectangular strips for my photo mat. I chose a picture of my son from his first Halloween for this layout - I just love the funny face he is making in this photo - and used one of the awesome Pebbles Photo Overlays (Embellishment Add-on) on top of the photo! For the photo cluster, I used some of the MME stickers, the ticket from the Anna Griffin Titles, Tags & Quotes and the Kaisercraft Paper Blooms included in the Main Kit and threw in some small resin roses and rose leaves from my stash. You also see a bit of the gorgeous black lace included in the Embellishment Add-On layered underneath the Chevron paper.

I can't wait to get back to creating with this kit - it is spectacularly fun! As always, thank you so much for stopping by my blog today - I appreciate your visits and comments so much!

No comments: