Wednesday, October 9, 2013

The Day You Were Born ~ 7 Dots Studio Memories Challenge

Today, I am sharing a layout I created for the 7 Dots Studio Memories challenge. I used the gorgeous 9th Wave collection, designed by Finnabair, to create this layout, along with lots of different media. The pictures were taken the day my son was born, hence the title The Day You Were Born; it certainly was a day of incredible memories!
I started off with the Deep Water page as the base and did some masking with a 12 x 12 Crafters Workshop Stencil (Time Travel) and some Light Molding paste. I then misted the base page with Lindy's Stamp Gang Mists in Jack in the Pulpit Teal (Starburst - SS-30), Van Dyke Sepia (Moonshadow - MSM-24) and Tawny Turquoise (Moonshadow - MSM-22). The chipboard title was also misted with the Tawny Turquoise mist. I then layered some drywall tape, torn strips of the Coral Reef paper and a torn section of the Stormy Sea paper as the background for the photos. I wanted the layout to have a much softer look so I whitewashed all the layers with watered-down gesso. Finally, I drybrushed areas of the papers and the chipboard title with Luminarte Silks Acrylic Glaze in Bolivian Blue and Emperor's Gold. Here are some close-ups of the title and masking.
Finally, I embellished the layout with a mixture of Prima and Kaisercraft flowers/leaves, some Webster's Pages light aqua tulle (dabbed with a little gesso in places), and stickers from the 9th Wave Alpha Stickers that read "Incredible Memories". 
My son is three-years old now, so it is way past time that I scrapped some photos of the day of his birth - I love the soft look of this page - perfect for a beautiful baby boy!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I appreciate your visit and kind comments so much!

1 comment:

Sandi Smith said...

just gorgeous sarah...precious memory indeed!Thanks for playing along at 7 Dots Studio!