Friday, November 22, 2013

Love This ~ Scraps of Darkness November Kit Sketch ~

The Scraps of Darkness November Kit - "Water Lilies" - was inspired by the famous painting by Claude Monet and is full of spectacularly gorgeous papers and embellishments! My first layout with this kit, entitled "Love This" is based on this month's exclusive sketch by SuePup! My layout features pictures of my son playing outside at a local harvest festival this Autumn - I love watching him play and have so much fun! I converted the photos to black and white since the background of this layout fetatures so much colour! Here is my layout:
And here is the sketch this layout is based on:
For this layout, I used the Kits 7 Dots Studio paper, the Crafter's Workshop Template, Petaloo Flowers, Leaky Shed Studio Chipboard, 3D Stamp Paint, Inka Gold colour, Lindy's Stamp Gang Mists and Pink Paislee tag from the SOD kit and add-ons, along with some mixed media elements, Lindy's Stamp Gang Mists, drywall tape and cardstock from my stash. Here are a few close-ups of the different elements of the layout.
In this close-up, you can see the masking done with the TCW template - I used Fibre Paste from my stash, mixed with some of the Cobalt Blue Inka Gold colour from the Main Kit. The circles are the 3D stamp paint from the Creativity Add-on - I simply painted the edge of the paint lid and stamped that on the page.
I used four different Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst Mists on this layout - Tea Pot Purple, Time Travel Teal, Shabby Turbine Teal and Edelweiss Moss Green. You can really see the drywall tape and layering in this close-up - I also used some staples to hold down some of the layers and the tag.
I painted the Leaky Shed Studio Chipboard with Luminarte Silks Acrylic Glazes (Olive Vine, Pomegranate and  Solar Gold). I twisted the Petaloo vine around the chipboard and also added a cluster of Petaloo flowers to the opposite corner of the main photo. (It is too bad the photo of my son isn't sharper - that's what happens when I let my husband be the photographer ;).

I can't wait to get back to creating with this kit - there are so many possibilities!!!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

No comments: