Saturday, January 11, 2014

Snow Angel ~ Scraps of Darkness

Hello Scrappy Friends! I have a fun layout to share with you today - created with the Scraps of Darkness December "Winter Wonderland" Kit! I've used the Fancy Pants Designs "Timbergrove" papers to create this layout featuring photos of my son making a Snow Angel this winter!
I started out with the Frolic chevron-patterned paper as the base and then used the reverse side (a light grey) as the second layer and paint-splattered it using watered-down gesso, as well as two of the Silks Acryclic Glazes (Silver Bells and Bolivian Blue) included in the Colour Add-on.
I cut out the central pattern from the Flurries paper and used it as the vertical strip to anchor my photos and embellishments and added the Silver lace from the Embellishment Add-on along the vertical sides. I cut two circles from the leftover Flurries paper for the centre of the doilies. For the photos, I created an "Instagram" photo strip using Photoshop Elements to play upon the vertical lines of the layout.
Finally, I used a combination of flowers (Prima, Petaloo and Kaisercraft) from the Main Kit and Flower Add-On, some Authentique Cardstock stickers (painted with Silks Acrylic Glaze in Ice), Leaky Shed Studio Chipboard snowflakes (painted with Gesso and Silks Acrylic Glaze in Silver Bells), as well as some Farmhouse Studio brads to create the flower clusters.
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today - hope you enjoyed this fun layout!

1 comment:

Channa said...

Such a pretty winter layout! so well balanced, great work.