And here is the December Kit sketch:
I used the gorgeous Authentique "Glistening" collection papers to create the layout and heavily distressed the edges of all the papers. I also added in two 5.5-in. doilies from my stash to create the layers. I had a great time experimenting with lots of different ways to create snow-effects on this layout! Here are the different ways I created the snow on the layout:
- The sparkly snow on the larger layers is a combination of heavy gel medium and Martha Stewart Sparkle Texture Effect - I simply added this to the layering with a palette knife.
- The snow on the window (a Tim Holtz die cut shape) is a combination of the Marvy Uchida Snow Marker and the Icicle Stickles from the Kit.
- The snow on the snowflakes (also Tim Holtz die cuts) is a combination of DecoArt Snow-Tex and then Icicle Stickles on top.
- On the Kaisercraft flowers from the Main Kit, there is a combination of thick gesso, followed by Icicle Stickles.
- Finally, the tree was first treated with Distress Ink in Vintage Photo and then with the Snow Marker. Unfortunately, the ink bled through the snow, giving it an unfortunate "yellow snow" appearance. Yuck. So, I touched it up with the white gesso and added Icicle Stickles to salvage it.
Finally, I used one of the Authentique cardstock stickers, matted on some of the black patterned paper from the Glistening collection for my title and tucked another cardstock sticker into the snowflake/flower cluster.
This kit is so lovely to work with - I just love it and can't wait to get back to it. I'll be back soon with more projects to show you!