Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Best Friends ~ Scraps of Darkness

As promised, here is Part II of my Scraps of Darkness DT Reveal for the Style & Sophistication Kit. I created this layout using the gorgeous Authentique "Classique Elegant" collection and based it on this month's SOD sketch by Suepup.
I used the ombre paper and a Crafter's Workshop 12 x 12 mask, along with molding paste that I tinted with acrylic paint, to create the ombre Damask background. Once I had all the layers in place, but before adding the picture/embellishments, I splattered the LO with Lindy's Stamp Gang  Midnight Rendezvous Raven Starburst Mist (Colour Add-on).
The flower clusters are a combination of flowers from the January 2014 and December 2013 Flower Add-ons. The black lace "leaves" are sections of lace leftover from the October 2013 SOD kit. I have also tucked several of the beautiful Cousin Metal Charms (Embellishment Add-On) into the floral clusters. The title was made with the Authentique Letter stickers (Embellishment Add-on).

Thanks so much for your visit today! Happy Scrapping!