Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Couture Necklace Rack ~ Scraps of Darkness

Today is the Design Team Reveal day for the gorgeous Scraps of Darkness January Style and Sophistication Kit. I am going to be sharing two projects with you today; first up, is a Necklace Rack I created using the amazing Graphic 45 "Couture" collection paper and Petaloo flowers from the kit, together with a $6 wooden plaque from the craft store and some knobs from the hardware store!

I started by drilling the five holes in the wooden plaque. (It is always fun when you get to use power tools when crafting!) I  primed the wooden plaque with black gesso and then used mod podge to adhere the Graphic 45 paper to the top. I sanded the edges to reveal some of the wood beneath the paint and to lightly distress the edges of the paper. I sealed everything with a coat of mod podge and then added the knobs.
To create the flower clusters, I fussy cut the ticket from one of the "Couture" papers and used a tag from the "Pockets and Tags" sheets - I inked the edges of these with Prima's Ingvild Bolme Chalk Ink in Rusty Bucket (Main Kit) . I used the Petaloo Darjeeling Wild Blossoms - Paprika (Flower Add-on) along with two of the Kaisercraft wooden bottles (inked with the Rusty Bucket Chalk Ink and stamped with a Kaisercraft stamp and black ink). Lastly, I added in some feathers from my stash.
I've already put this Couture Necklace Rack to good use, as I desperately needed someplace to store my necklaces!

Come back later today to see another project created with the Scraps of Darkness Style and Sophistication kit - an "Elegant" mixed media layout!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog - I appreciate your visits and comments so much!

No comments: