Saturday, May 10, 2014

Today ~ Scraps of Darkness

I have a layout created with the stunning Scraps of Darkness April His & Hers Kit to share with you today. This kit is a dream to work with - I just love the Prima papers and embellishments and have used the Stationer's Desk collection (along with some Cartographer flowers) to create this layout, featuring a sweet photo of my son.
I started out layering strips, squares and circles to create my background and the small clusters on either side of the page. Once I had the background papers in place, I rubbed all the layered areas with Inka Gold Champagne rub included in the Creativity Add-On. I did some stamping with a Prima Clear Stamp from my stash and embellished with some Stationer's Desk Flowers, Tags & Tickets, Cartographer flowers and some black rhinestones and heavy black upholstery thread from my stash. As a final touch, I did some splattering with Dylusions Ink in Black Marble.  Here are some close-ups!
 
 
 
I can't wait to get back to creating with this kit! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Beautiful work Sarah!