Thursday, May 22, 2014

With Love ~ Scraps of Darkness

I have another project created with the Scraps of Darkness April His & Hers Kit to show you today. After creating some Gothic ATCs and a couple of boyish layouts with this kit, I decided to change things up and create a romantic layout featuring a honeymoon photo of my husband and me.
I did some masking in the background with two The Crafter's Workshop Masks - one with Art Anthology Dimensional Paint in Truffle Velvet and the other with light molding paste then spritzed with Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst Mist in Steampunk Sepia - I let some of the Steampunk Sepia  mist drip down the page as well. I used lots of distressed layers of the Prima Stationer's Desk collection papers and the Prima chalkboard paintables. I used a black and white photo to coordinate with the black elements in the layering - and scraped the edges of the photo with my distressing tool and then painted them with Lindy's Stamp Gang Flat Fabio in Sandra Dee Sepia - I also splattered the layout with the Sandra Dee Sepia. The paper clips, gorgeous lace, ribbon and flowers from the kit - and the incredibly cool metal flower flourish - made embellishing this layout so fun! The title is a Stationer's Desk tag from the Embellishment Add-On - though I replaced the more rustic twine from the tag with the burgundy crinkle ribbon from the Main Kit. Here are some close-ups!

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Happy Scrapping!

No comments: