Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Good Ol' Sport Layout ~ Creative Embellishments and CSI #198

Hi there Crafty Friends! Today, I'm sharing a Creative Embellishments Design Team project based on CSI Challenge #198. I've used Graphic 45's Good Ol' Sport collection to create a soccer themed layout featuring a photo of my son!

On this layout, I've used the Creative Embellishments Distressed Chicken Wire Border as the 'netting' behind the photo layering and a Nautical Compass as an embellishment. Because the paper I used on this layout is so colourful, I used a simple gesso treatment on the chipboard pieces so that they would really pop on the layout. I used a sponge dauber to add two layers of white gesso to each chipboard element - the dauber adds a nice texture to the gesso. I added some fussy cut soccer balls and a whistle to the Chicken Wire 'netting' as well. Here are a few angles/close-ups.




Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have played along with the Creative Embellishments Design Team this month over at the CSI Challenge site - its been so much fun!

No comments: