Friday, June 10, 2016

Mixed Media Altered Paint Brush ~ Creative Embellishments

Hi Crafty Friends! Today I'm sharing an altered paintbrush I made using lots of different Creative Embellishments Chipboard. I've used the following chipboard pieces on this project:
I started off by gluing all the chipboard pieces onto the paintbrush, also adding a few metal embellishments and a resin piece I had in my stash. I painted everything with two coats of white gesso to get a unified base to add the colour. I started off by spraying the piece with Lindy's Stamp Gang Midnight Rendezvous Raven Starburst. I really just wanted the black to settle into the recesses of the piece, so I gently wiped the top with a baby wipe to remove some colour. Next, I alternated misting the piece with Lindy's Stamp Gang Flat Fabios in Caribbean Blue and Summer Lovin' Sun. Once I was happy with the teal/blue and yellow blends, I wanted to add some pink too - so I mixed some Lindy's Stamp Gang Magicals in Pretty in Pink Pink with water and misted a few areas of the piece. I love how the different colours of mists blend to get hints of green or purple on the piece. I highlighted the word "Art" with Inca Gold Rub in Magenta and then highlighted raised areas of the entire piece with Inka Gold Rub in Champagne. Finally, to add a more distressed look, I scraped away some of the coloured areas to reveal some of the gold metal of the paintbrush. Here are a few more angles and close-ups!

The colours I used for this altered paintbrush were inspired by the yellow, pink and teal of the Lindy's Stamp Gang June 2016 Color Challenge.
This was such a fun project to make! I hope you enjoyed seeing it!

1 comment:

talkis23 said...

Amazing Creation Thanks for playing in Lindy's Stamp gang Challenge this month