Thursday, June 29, 2017

French Country Pocket Journal ~ Creative Embellishments

Hi there! Today I'm sharing a new project using one the AWESOME new Creative Embellishments Large Chipboard Tags! I've used the tag as a base for this pocket journal featuring Graphic 45's French Country collection! 
I painted around the edge of the tag with acrylic paint in Antique White and then covered the front and back of the tag with patterned paper. I 'inked' the edges of all the papers for this project with Prima Art Alchemy Metallique Wax in Vintage Gold.

I added a deep pocket and an angled pocket to the front of the tag, as well as a little border pocket at the bottom. I added a simple pocket to the back of the tag using one of the 4x6 cut-outs from the patterned paper.
I used one of the pieces from Filigree Set 3 to embellish the bottom corner on the front of the tag- this piece also helps hold the two tags in place! I embossed the filigree piece with Stampendous embossing powder in Antique Black and then added some addition Ranger Black embossing powder as well.
I added some chain and metal key and fleur-de-lis charms, a G45 chipboard piece and a handmade mini-book to the ribbon on the tag.
On the front of the Pocket Journal, there is a large booklet in the deep pocket, three 4x6 cut-outs from the patterned paper and two tags made with black cardstock and cut-outs from the patterned paper.
On the back of the pocket journal is a large tag made with black cardstock and some of the French Country patterned paper.
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Happy Crafting!

No comments: