Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Rusty Steampunk Altered Game Controller ~ Creative Embellishments

Hi there! Today, I'm sharing a Rusty Steampunk Altered Game Controller created with lots of products by Creative Embellishments! When this controller got wrecked by our dogs - I HAD to save it and create a fun project for my son's room!
I started by using the CE Metal Stencil along with some Prima Art Basics Modeling Paste for the background of the canvas. Then I added the game controller and started to add the CE chipboard and wood veneer embellishments. I've used lots of different pieces to alter the controller, including:
Once I had all the CE chipboard and wood veneers in place, I added a few metal embellishments by Prima and a few things from my stash (i.e., oven fuse, buttons, etc.). I painted everything with a coat of Heavy Black Gesso and then dry brushed on some Heavy White Gesso. Then, I started adding colour using Prima Art Alchemy Metallique Paint in Steampunk Copper. Once I was happy with the colour base, I used both the Prima Art Extravagance Rust and Patina Effects Paste sets to create the grungy/rusty look on the project. I finished off by using Prima Art Extravagance Metallique Wax in Old Silver to highlight details of the stencilled background and I used Rich Copper wax to highlight a few areas on the altered controller. Here are some different angles and close-ups!





No comments: