Monday, July 31, 2017

"Adorable" - Large Mixed Media Photo Tag ~ Creative Embellishments

Today I'm sharing another project made with one of the fantastic Creative Embellishments Large Tags! I have created this "Adorable" Mixed Media Photo Tag featuring a picture of our new kitten, Anna!
I layered lace on the Large Tag an then some CE chipboard elements including: a piece from the Door Knockers, the Flourish Circle Frame, and one of the pieces from the Filigree Corner Set 1. I painted the entire piece with Prima Art Basics Heavy Black Gesso and Heavy White Gesso and then misted it with Lindy's Stamp Gang Starbursts in Opal Sea Oats and Red Hot Poker Orange and Lindy's Stamp Gang Flat Fabio in Tears on My Pillow Tangerine. I used Prima Art Alchemy Metallique Waxes in Rich Copper and White Gold to highlight the textures. I used the "Adorable" title from the Boy Word Set, which I inked with Ranger Jet Black Archival Ink and then rubbed with the Metallique Waxes. Finally, I added some cheesecloth as a 'bed' for the fussy-cut kitten picture and some white flowers that I highlighted with some of the Metallique Waxes. Here are some angles and a close-up so you can see all the details!




1 comment:

mamablitger said...

Hi Sarah. This big tag is exactly what you called it : ADORABLE. What a sweet pic of your new kitten. And a lovely way to display the pic. I love the texture on the background which you highlighted with the great waxes from Prima. Lovely colors too. It is so decorative the way you arranged the flowers and cheesecloth as well as the title.
Thank you so much for sharing your art with us.
Hugs from Monica
Spain