Saturday, September 23, 2017

Steampunk Dress Form ~ Creative Embellishments

Hi There, today I'm sharing an altered dress form with you! I started out with a plain kraft dress form, painted it with some Heavy Black Gesso and dressed it up with papers from Graphic 45's Steampunk Debutante and Steampunk Spells Collections (all the papers are inked with Distress Ink in Black Soot). Add in some awesome Gears and Tracks from the CE Create Your Own Cluster set as embellishments and the Steampunk Dress Form is fully outfitted! 

For the gears around the waist of the Dress Form and on the Top Hat , I used Stampendous Aged Copper Embossing Enamel. I also used two feathers from the CE Masquerade Masks set to decorate the hat - I painted these with Prima Art Extravagance Metallique Paints in Royal Red and Rich Turquoise - and then dry brushed them with Metallique Paint in Steampunk Copper. I painted the goggles from the Steampunk Hat Set with the Steampunk Copper paint and then added glossy accents to the screw details around the goggles. (The Top Hat was made using an .svg by Snapdragon Snippets cut on my Silhouette Cameo.)

To decorate the base of the dress form, I used some different sized chipboard gears and a chain border. I painted these pieces with Prima Art Extravagance Metallique Paint in Steampunk Copper. Then, I mixed some of the Metallique Light Patina paint with Prima Texture Powder and added that to the gears and chain. Finally, I finished the gears off by dry brushing them with some Metallique Paints in Emerald Green and Dark Velvet.  

I finished off the dressform with a chain and pocket watch around the waist and an old knob (painted Steampunk Copper) on the top. There are lots of pictures below so you can see all the details!









No comments: