Happy November Crafty Friends! As always, the first of the month brings a new challenge over on the Creative Embellishments Blog. This month's inspiration picture is just gorgeous and the twist for this challenge is to use a flourish on your project!
Autumnus is the Roman goddess of Autumn/the harvest - and the inspiration image made me think of a nature goddess, so I was inspired to create this "Autumnus" Altered Mask.I had a second-hand mask in my stash waiting to be altered - so I started off by painting it with black gesso and then started adding CE chipboard pieces, including Autumn Leaves, Branch and Leaves, and Flourish 26 (for this month's twist to use a flourish). Once I was happy with the chipboard arrangement, I painted everything with black gesso and then dry brushed on some white gesso to help bring out the details. I misted the mask with two colours of Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst Mists (Opal Sea Oats and Ponderosa Pines Olive) and then used Prima Metallique Acrylic Paints in Autumn colours to bring out the details of the chipboard pieces. When I was done adding colour, I added some Prima Metal Flowers, and a metal butterfly and pearls from mys stash and then added some Prima Art Ingredients Glass Glitter in Gold Rush and Mica Flakes in Gold Leaf. I finished off the altered mask by adding some moss green trim I had in my stash around the outside edge of the mask.
I hope you like my interpretation of this month's challenge - I can't wait to see what you create! Remember to follow the Rules for the Challenge so that you're eligible to win!
- Create a NEW project (i.e., layout, mini album, tag, card, canvas, etc…) as of November 1st 2017.
- Please no back linking (meaning projects from previous months that may fit the challenge requirements). Please link only NEW projects.
- Combining the CE Challenge with other challenges is permitted.
- Please add your entry to the InLinkz box on the Challenge Post on the Creative Embellishments Blog to be eligible for the prize. You have until the last day of each month 11:55 pm eastern time to enter.
- It is required that you mention in your blog post that you are playing along at Creative Embellishments together with a link back to our blog. Please make sure to reference our challenge.
- We would love to see you USE AT LEAST 1 OF CE products on your projects but it isn’t required to play along; however, everyone who does use CE product will get and extra chance at winning.
- WINNERS will have 2 weeks to claim their prize. The winner will be announced on the CE blog post the day after the challenge ends.
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!