Saturday, January 16, 2016

'Couture' Make-up and Jewelry Tray

This week, I was playing with the Couture Collection by Graphic 45. A while ago, I made a necklace rack using this collection and I decided to make a coordinating Make-up/Jewelry tray to use on my dresser! I wanted someplace to put a few things I use frequently, like a lipstick, my glasses, hand cream and my favourite necklace (when I'm not wearing it) and this was my solution! I used an old photo frame I picked up at a second-hand store and painted/distressed the frame. I used the backing of the frame to build up the decor for my tray. Lots of fussy cutting/layering of images from these gorgeous papers and coordinating roses added to make it extra feminine (though I had to squish the flowers a bit to fit it under the glass)! Here are a couple of different angles of the tray and a close-up (there's a wee bit of glare from the glass top of the tray - its really hard to photograph glass)!



And here is the tray in use on my dresser! So perfect to hold everyday items!
I'm going to enter this in the Graphic 45 January Challenge -  #GetG45Organized! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

nattyboots said...

Lovely work , well done

Kathy G said...

Beautiful! I may have to try this myself! Good luck i the competition.