Friday, August 26, 2016

Mechanical Heart ~ Mixed Media Canvas for Creative Embellishments

Hi Crafty Friends! Today, I'm sharing a small mixed media canvas using lots of amazing Creative Embellishments products! I'm calling this my "Mechanical Heart".
I started out with a 5-in. embroidery hoop with a piece of canvas stretched inside it. Then I used the Creative Embellishments Crackled Brick Stencil with some Prima Art Extravagance Texture Paste in White Crackle. Once the texture paste had dried, I coated the canvas with clear gesso. I used white gesso on all the chipboard pieces prior to starting to layer them on the canvas. I've used the following Creative Embellishments chipboard elements to create the canvas:
I layered several pieces of the pipe works within the centre of the piece to create depth and create a level surface to attach the steampunk heart. Once all the chipboard elements were glued in place (and the glue had dried) I started misting/splattering the canvas with Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst Mists in: Cocoa Bean Copper, Rusty Lantern Lime, and Ponderosa Pine Olive - I wanted the entire piece to have an "aged copper patina" look. Once I was happy with the mists/splatters, I painted the embroidery frame and dry brushed areas of the canvas with Prima Art Alchemy Metallique paints in Steampunk Copper and Green Olive. I used Prima Art Basics Soft Matte Gel to add Microbeads (in Antique Copper and Peridot) and Prima Art Ingredients Glass Glitter in Copper to the project. Finally, I finished the piece by adding a Prima Junkyard Findings Switch - which I also dry brushed with the Metallique paints. Here are some more angles and close-ups so you can see all the details!




Thanks for stopping by my blog today! Happy Crafting!

No comments: