It's April! It's Spring (finally)! And a new month means a new challenge at Creative Embellishments! Here is this month's inspiration picture - and the challenge twist is to use flowers on your project!
I was inspired by the grass and bright colours of this month's challenge photo to create this fun series of Easter ATCs using the CE Bitten Bunnies.
I used the CE Fairy Dust 2 Stencil with some Prima Art Basics Modeling Paste to add some texture to the background of the ATCs. I created the colour gradient in the background using three colours of Distress Ink - Pine Needles, Bundled Sage, and Broken China and then I splattered the cards with water to dilute/remove some ink. I inked the edges of the ATCs with Distress Ink in Ground Espresso. I painted the Bitten Bunnies with Art Anthology Dimensional Paint in Chocolate Sorbet and used a dab of heavy white gesso for the eyes. I used SnowTex to create the puffy tail on the larger bunny. I also used the CE chipboard Grass Set, which I primed with white gesso and then misted with two colours of green mist; then I added glossy accents to the grass. Finally, I used two of the CE chipboard Flourish Eggs, which I painted with Prima Art Alchemy Metallique Acrylic Paints in Pink Blush and Rich Turquoise. I added some Stickles in Fruit Punch and Mermaid to the eggs to enhance the details. Here are some close-ups of each card!
I hope you like my interpretation of this month's challenge - I can't wait to see what you create! Remember to follow the Rules for the Challenge so that you're eligible to win!
- Create a NEW project (i.e., layout, mini album, tag, card, canvas, etc…) as of April 1st 2017.
- Please no back linking (meaning projects from previous months that may fit the challenge requirements). Please link only NEW projects.
- Combining the CE Challenge with other challenges is permitted.
- Please add your entry to the InLinkz box on the Challenge Post on the Creative Embellishments Blog to be eligible for the prize. You have until the last day of each month 11:55 pm eastern time to enter.
- It is required that you mention in your blog post that you are playing along at Creative Embellishments together with a link back to our blog. Please make sure to reference our challenge.
- We would love to see you USE AT LEAST 1 OF CE products on your projects but it isn’t required to play along; however, everyone who does use CE product will get and extra chance at winning.
- WINNERS will have 2 weeks to claim their prize. The winner will be announced on the CE blog post the day after the challenge ends.
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Happy Spring!