Saturday, April 8, 2017

Floating Teacup Garden ~ Creative Embellishments and Petaloo Blog Hop Day 6

Welcome to Day 6 of the Creative Embellishments and Petaloo Blog Hop!
The theme for this hop was Mother's Day and when I think of Mother's Day - it makes me think of my Grandmother, who loves flowers and tea; so those memories were the inspiration for this floating teacup garden scene.
I started by constructing the floating teacup and used a Creative Embellishments (CE) Ornate Gate 2 at the back of the project as extra support under the teacup. I painted the gate and floating teacup with Heavy White Gesso before beginning to decorate the piece. I started by adding decorative grasses and the branches and vines. The branches on top of the teacup are from the CE Branches - I heat embossed these branches with Distress Embossing Powder in Walnut Stain an then added some greenery to the tips of the branches. The two vines at the base of the floating teacup are CE Flourish 15 and Flourish 28 - I heat embossed the two flourishes with Distress Embossing Powder in Old Paper and then lightly sponged some acrylic paint in Leaf Green onto the pieces.
I created the cascade of flowers using a variety of Petaloo flowers, including Darjeeling Garden Rosettes in Pink (1491-110), Darjeeling Dahlias in Teal (1467-106), Darjeeling Dahlias in Purple (1467-104), Darjeeling Petites in Pink (1465-110), and Darjeeling Petites in Purple (1465-104). Once I was happy with how the cascade of flowers looked, I added a resin birdbath embellishment and fussy cut pieces from Graphic 45's Children's Hour collection. I inked the edges of the fussy cuts with Distress Ink in Brushed Corduroy - I also inked the visible edges of the teacup and saucer with the Distress Ink. Finally, I finished off the piece by adding some Petaloo Butterflies - Darjeeling Mini Butterflies in Pink (1486-110) and Darjeeling Mini Butterflies in Purple (1486-104).

There are lots more pictures below so you can see all the details of this Floating Teacup Garden!






Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I hope you're having fun hopping along with Creative Embellishments and Petaloo!
Sarah

No comments: