Saturday, April 22, 2017

Midnight Masquerade Large Mixed Media Tag ~ Creative Embellishments

Hi There! Today, I'm sharing a fun, extra large, Mixed Media Tag! I've used one of the new Creative Embellishments chipboard Large Tags as the base for this project; these tags are fantastic and perfect for Mixed Media - I love them!
I started the front of the tag by stencilling on a pattern in two corners using Prima Art Basics White Modeling Paste. Next, I glued on some CE chipboard pieces, including some Door Knockers, pieces from the Filigree Corner Set 2, and a Flourish 4. Once I had all the chipboard in place, I painted everything with Prima Art Basics Heavy Black Gesso and then rubbed it with three colours of Prima Art Alchemy Antique Brilliance Waxes - Amethyst Magic, Mystic Turquoise and Red Amber. Then, I used Prima Art Alchemy Metallique Wax in White Gold to bring out some of the texture from the stencilling and to highlight the chipboard pieces. Once I was happy with the background, I used fussy-cuts from Graphic 45's Midnight Masquerade collection to create the scene on the tag (all paper edges were inked with Distress Ink in Black Soot).
On the reverse side, I started by trimming a sheet of paper from the Midnight Masquerade 12x12 Patterns and Solids to cover the tag. I created another scene using fussy cuts from the Midnight Masquerade Patterned Papers. I added another chipboard piece from the Filigree Corner Set 2 (treated the same as the front side of the tag) and some of the CE Wood Veneer Stars, which I rubbed with the White Gold wax. Here are some close-ups of the two sides of the Large Tag.



Finally, to finish off the tag, I tied a collection of ribbons, lace and seam binding to the top and added the three masks from the CE chipboard Masquerade Masks as embellishments dangling from some of the ribbon. I treated one side of the masks the same as the front of the tag and glued/trimmed patterned paper to the other side of the masks and inked the edges with Distress Ink in Black Soot.
Thanks so much for visiting my blog today! Happy Crafting!
Sarah

No comments: