Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Shabby Chic Altered Clip Frame ~ Creative Embellishments

Hi There! Today, I'm sharing a Shabby Chic Altered Clip Frame with you! I love this picture of my son from a few years ago and decided to pick up the greens and purples in the photo as the inspiration for this frame.
I've used lots of different Creative Embellishments products on this frame, including:
I started off by painting the wooden pallet-style frame with Light Green Chalk Paint and then did a light white-wash on it with watered-down gesso. Next, I used the CE Crackled Brick Stencil with some Prima Art Extravagance White Crackle Texture Paste. Once that was dry, I rubbed the edge of the frame and stenciled areas with Prima Art Alchemy Antique Brillance Wax in Amethyst Magic. Next, I used Matte Mod Podge to adhere a cut-out and fussy cuts from Graphic 45's Secret Garden Collection to the centre of the frame. I painted the Heart Dangle 3 with a light purple acrylic paint and then dabbed it with some of the White Crackle Texture Paste - then I rubbed on a bit of Prima Art Achemy Metallique Wax in Old Silver. I painted the "Memories" word from the Treasure Border Words with dark purple acrylic paint and then rubbed with the Amethyst Magic wax and added a few highlights with the Old Silver wax. I heat embossed the Butterflies with Lindy's Stamp Gang Embossing Powder in Hollyhock Scarlet Plum and then painted the centre of the butterflies black and rubbed in some of the Amethyst Magic wax; finally, I used the Old Silver wax on the edges of the butterfly wings to achieve a three-toned effect on the butterflies.
Here are some different angles and close-ups so you can see all the texture and details!



No comments: