Sunday, May 21, 2017

Game of Chess - Alice Art Journal Page ~ Creative Embellishments

Today, I have a new mixed media Art Journal page to share - this page is part of the series I've done for my Alice in Wonderland inspired Art Journal.
I started out with watercolour paper and drew on the grid in pencil. I used a black watercolour pencil to paint the black squares to create the 'chess board'. I used the CE Distressed Text Stamp with both black and white pigment inks to do some stamping in the background of the page. Next, I used the CE Scribble Heart Stencil - I mixed Prima Art Basics 3D Gloss Gel with Prima Art Ingredients Mica Powder in Black Cherry to create the glossy red medium for the stenciled hearts. I used several pieces from the CE chipboard Chess Set - painting some with Prima Art Alchemy Metallique paint in Royal Red and some with an Antique White acrylic paint mixed with pearlizing medium. The Red Queen and Alice Images are cut out of an old book and the quote is from Through the Looking Glass. Here are some close-ups of each page and a shot of the layout in the journal.



No comments: