Saturday, April 9, 2011

"One Kiss"

Can you believe it? Another new layout! I've got a tonne of duplicate wedding photos - so I thought I would use this one to play along with a couple of challenges. The design of the layout is based on Creative Scrappers Sketch #150. I'm also using the layout for the Scrap That! April Challenge, which required that the layout contain only two main colours along with any neutrals (black, brown, white, cream). I chose pink and green as the two main colours for my layout. I also submitted it for the first "Get Your Glitz On" challenge at the Glitz Design Blog.

There is actually a cute story behind the title of this layout. My husband and I got married in the Dominican Republic and the resort provided a photographer for the wedding. Our photographer, Lucia, was such a sweetheart. Lucia didn't speak fluent English - and during our photo session she must have said a hundred times "One Kiss" - in a beautiful Spanish accent. To this day, I still say to my husband (in an abominable Spanish accent) "One Kiss". It is such a happy memory from our wedding day!
I used a few pieces from my Scrap That! February Kit on this layout - the background page and the "Love" Bingo Card, as well as the Chipboard corner flourish.  
I really wanted the corner flourish to blend with the background page. To get this look, I first painted it white and then covered it with Tattered Rose Distress Stickles; while the Stickles were still slightly wet, I misted the flourish with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Tattered Leather


The doily under the title was originally white - I misted it with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Sweet Clover and then inked the edges with Colorbox Pigment in Moss Green. I love the Prima Sugar Alpha Chipboard Letters - I used 3D adhesive dots to make the title really stand out. The two paper border pieces are from the Basic Grey Porcelain Collection - the bottom (pink) border was fussy-cut out of a sheet of paper, the green border is from the element stickers; I then added a piece of ribbon to complete the layered border. Most of the flowers are by Prima or Recollections; however, if you look really closely, you can see that there are also some Sweet Clover misted Petaloo flowers underneath the larger flowers. 

TFL,
Sarah

Materials Used:
Patterned Paper: Glitz Design - Love Nest Collection - Damask, Basic Grey - Porcelain Collection - Chatsworth and element stickers; Glitz Design Love Nest Collection Whatnot - Love Bingo Card; Paper Doily by Wilton Enterprises; Michael's Special Value Ribbon; Prima Nursery Tales Collection Sugar Alpha Chipboard; Prima mini-roses in Fuschsia and Green Apple; Recollections Boutique Fleur Mulberry Paper Flowers; Petaloo Color Me Crazy Flower Layers; Claudine Hellmuth Studio Gesso in White; Distress Stickles in Tattered Rose; Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Tattered Leather and Sweet Clover; Colorbox Pigment in Moss Green; Chipboard Corner Flourish by ???; Glue Dots Minis; EK Success 3D Dots; American Crafts This to That glue runner.

3 comments:

Kelly Codd Greatrex said...

Sarah, this is beautiful!

Lea L. said...

Your layout is so very pretty! I love all the bits and baubles, and beautiful paper!! Thanks for joining us in the first "Get Your Glitz On" challenge!!

Kristii said...

Absolutely beautiful!! I love all the beautiful flowers mixed with the Glitz Papers!! So pretty! Thanks for joining in the fun in the Get your Glitz on Challenge!