Saturday, April 9, 2011

"Time in a Bottle"

I love the song "Time in a Bottle" by Jim Croce. Everytime I hear it, I think of my son - and how quickly time has passed since he was born. So, to save a little moment in time with my baby boy, I created this layout. It is a picture of me and William (he is two-weeks old here) that I took myself using my Blackberry (hence the graininess of the photo - but I kind of think that it works on this layout).

I used the Bo Bunny Timepiece Collection patterned papers for this layout. I love this collection and it was perfect for this layout. The background page has some simple tool-distressing and I inked the edge with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I also used Vintage Photo ink on the edge of the red paper and then water-distressed it.  The clocks are all fussy-cut from one sheet of paper. I used Distress Crackle Paint in Clear Rock Candy on the faces of all the clocks to get an aged look and also inked all the edges of the clocks with Vintage Photo ink. The clocks were attached to the layout at different heights using foam adhesive to add some depth to the layout.

The "clock" in the centre of the layout was created using a circle of sheet-music paper layered on a circle of kraft paper. I then punched the 1" circles and stamped all the Roman numerals for the clock numbers. All the elements of the clock were tool-distressed and inked with Vintage Photo Ink. The doily behind the clock was originally white - so I inked it with Antique Linen Distress Ink to soften the colour.
I wanted the song-verse to look like an old letter - so I printed the verse on white cardstock, inked both sides of the note with Antique Linen ink and the edges with Vintage Photo ink and then water-distressed the edges. I added the folds to make it look like the note was taken out of the envelope on which it is resting (in fact - the note would fit perfectly in the envelope...).  I also inked the envelope with Vintage Photo ink. 

I added some flowers and the small key trinket to bring focus to the song-verse. The small vial on the note embellishment was originally clear glass. I painted it with Distress Crackle Paint in Clear Rock Candy to get achieve this look.

TFL,
Sarah

Materials Used:
Patterned Paper: Bo Bunny Timepiece Collection - Unlocked, Tick Tock, Moments, Moxxie Noteworthy Collection - In the Band; Recollections Cardstock - Kraft and White;  Paper Doily by Wilton Enterprises; Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Vintage Photo and Antique Linen; Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint - Clear Rock Candy; Maya Road square kraft envelope; My Mind's Eye Bits & Pieces - Key trinket; Kaisercraft Paper Blooms - Honey; Tim Holtz Idea-ology corked vial; Hungarian Hemp twine; Memento Ink Pad - Tuxedo Black; Dollar Store letter stamps; Keepsakes Memories adhesive foam dots; Glue Dots - Memory Book; Memory Tape Runner XL.

4 comments:

Karen Wilson said...

WOW that layout is beautiful!! All the distressing and inking is superb. Love the journaling!..so sentimental. Gorgeous!

P.S Thank you for following my blog, so kind of you to stop by.

Linda Pekrul said...

I love this layout Sarah. Perfect use of the timepiece paper with Jim Croce's song and tying it in with the sentiments about your son. Not to mention all the details with embellishments. Just beautiful.

Pearl Maple said...

beautifully crafted page

Lisa aka Raining said...

Beautiful job on this layout!