Saturday, April 2, 2011

"First Visit with Santa Claus"

Well, I got another layout finished! This is a picture of my son on his first visit with Santa Claus. I converted the colour picture to a sepia-tone because I wanted a vintage look to go with the fabulous Graphic 45 "Christmas Past" papers.
There is (clearly) a lot of distressing on this layout. I did simple tool-distressing around the outside edge on the base page and around the inside of the "frame" in the top page. I water distressed both the cut-out in the base page to frame the picture as well as the outside edge of the top page. I handmade the paper flowers, which I'm calling "distressed poinsettias".
I treated the chipboard swirls with both Perfect Pearls Heirloom Gold Mist and Tattered Angels Tattered Leather Glimmer Mist....and just to get a bit more sparkle and texture I threw some Chocolate Glitter on it too.
I love how the title scroll turned out for this -- I printed the title on white cardstock (Anglican Text font if you're wondering - I love it on this layout) and then treated both sides of the paper with Antique Linen Distress Ink. I then distressed and inked the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.

Materials Used: 
Patterned Paper - Graphic 45 Christmas Past Collection - Visions of Sugarplums and Let it Snow; Recollections Cardstock - red, green and white; Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Vintage Photo and Antique Linen; Perfect Pearls Mists - Heirloom Gold; Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist - Tattered Leather; Pink Paislee Pixee Stix Glitter - Chocolate; Chipboard and Brads from stash; Glue Dots - Memory Book and Mini; Keepsakes Memories Foam Adhesive; Memory Tape Runner XL.

TFL,
Sarah

1 comment:

Linda Pekrul said...

Beautiful work Sarah. Congrats on being published!