Friday, March 15, 2013

Beautiful Day - The Paper Mixing Bowl March 2013 Recipe Challenge

Hello Scrappy Friends! I'm back with a new layout for The Paper Mixing Bowl Challenge Blog! This month's recipe celebrates St. Patrick's Day - and has some fun design elements inspired by all things Irish. Here is my layout, entitled "Beautiful Day" (after the U2 song) and the March 2013 Recipe Card that inspired the layout (note: wherever you see bold italics in this post indicates an element from the recipe). The three small photos were actually taken last St. Patrick's Day (March 17), which was a beautiful early Spring day - all the snow had melted and my son was able to play in the yard in his Spring coat and rubber boots!
I had an older Basic Grey (BG) collection - "Origins" - that had the perfect colours for this recipe. I've used lots of distressed layers and hand-cut out the large shaped page from one of the BG papers. I added in a square doily as a lace layer as well and a die-cut that I cut using my Silhouette. I also double-punched a border using a Martha Stewart deep edge punch. I added a kiss of colour to the layout by lighting spritzing around the edge of the layout with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Sweet Clover. Here is a close-up of all the layering.
I used some miscellaneous flowers from my stash (mostly leftovers from old kits or RAKs) as well as a green  feather pick from the dollar store to create the flower cluster. I also added a gold lace bow to the cluster to bring in another recipe element.
I hope you'll stop by and play along with the March Recipe Challenge at The Paper Mixing Bowl.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!

3 comments:

Cherished said...

Lovely page. Great sketch and recipe. Awesome reveal.

Sandi Clarkson said...

This is just wonderful, Sarah!

Drea Slee said...

This is SO gorgeous!! I love all the embellies, pp's, and lace!!!