Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Remember - Imaginarium Designs

Today, I'm sharing with you one of two projects I created this month for Imaginarium Designs (check back later in the week for my second project).

This layout, entitled "Remember", is based on one of this month's Kaisercraft Saturday Sketches. I've used Kaisercraft's Base Coat and 75 Cents collections, along with some fantastic Imaginarium Designs Chipboard to create this layout. The photo is of me and my son and was taken last December when we took a trip on the "Santa Train". I just love the sweet look on my son's face in this photo.

The base page of the layout is from the Base Coat collection ("Bark"). The other patterned papers are all from the 75 Cents 6.5 in. paper pad - I haven't been able to get my hands on the 12 in. papers from the 75 Cents collection - but I just love it, so grabbed the smaller papers when I had the chance. I tore the patterned papers to create the layering and then splattered the layout with black acrylic craft paint.
Here is a close-up of the photo/layering portion of the layout.  You can see the combination of Kaisercraft, Prima and Recollections Flowers as well as the butterflies - which are from the 75 Cents Collectables.
The photo is framed with the Imaginarium Designs "Swirly Frame" chipboard frame. I started by covering the frame with a generous coat of Memento Dye Ink in Tuxedo Black to make sure I had a nice dark base for the next step. I then added Ranger Black Enamel Accents to get the gorgeous, glossy black finish on the frame.
For the embellishments and title, I used a combination of two colours of Faber-Castell gelatos - Pistachio and Spearmint; I blended the gelatos using a damp sponge. I then covered the embellishments and title with a generous coat of Ranger Crackle Accents.


Imaginarium Designs Chipboard Used
Swirly Frame - IDFR0004

Embellishment 4 - IDS0013

Remember Forever Together - IDW0007

Other Products Used:  Patterned Paper - Kaisercraft Basecoat and 75 Cents collections; Kaisercraft 75 Cents Collectables; Folk Art Acrylic Paint - Pure Black; Flowers - Kaisercraft, Prima Marketing, Recollections; Memento Dye Ink - Tuxedo Black; Ranger Enamel Accents - Black; Faber-Castell Gelatos - Pistachio and  Spearmint; Ranger Crackle Accents; Aleene's Tacky Glue; Termoweb Memory Tape Runner XL; Xyron Sticker Maker; 3D Foam Adhesive.


5 comments:

Sandra said...

Gorgeous, I love the combo of papers.

Adriana B said...

stunning work, love those papers :)

Cathi ONeill said...

Gorgeous layout Sarah! Love your treatment of the chippies too!

Sandie said...

Your projects are so beautiful and inspiring....

Lauren T said...

This looks amazing! I really like the way you used the gelatos,